Founded Date January 1, 1900
Posted Jobs 0
Join your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Energy Industries drives growth for customers while supporting safe, efficient and profitable operations with strong global execution capacity, an extensive service footprint and capabilities, and innovative digital leadership.
You will be working as a Project Manager and will be the part of industrial automation business for energy industries business line based in Doha, Qatar. In this role you will be reporting to the Service Operations Manager and will be responsible for leading the execution of medium-size projects & services and ensure that all related activities are performed in accordance with ABB policy, contractual agreements, quality standards, health, safety & environment requirements, financial targets, as well as schedule commitments.
- Project leadership: Leading the project team allocated to the project, defining main guidelines, allocating project tasks, and motivating and monitoring internal and external resources to accomplish all tasks and milestones. Providing performance feedback regarding allocated resources working on projects.
- Project planning and scheduling: Planning project execution from start to finish, including all necessary resources, activities, documents, materials, including scope and financial plans, schedule risk management plans. Reviewing project plan and analyzes critical issues for correction.
- Project execution and control: Ensuring that the project follows execution best practices and ABB policies. Monitoring and controlling project progress and efficient resource utilization. Monitoring and controlling project financials, overseeing project invoicing status, cost, expenses and cash flow. Identifying, qualifying, and managing project risks, and ensures that all opportunities are identified and pursued. Captures, analyses and shares lessons learned throughout the project. Ensuring that the project is formally closed out, as contractually agreed. Driving the formal acceptance of the project, contract close-out and its acknowledgement by the customer.
- Contract claims and procurement management: Ensuring that the project consistently applies contract and claims management, in accordance with ABB policies and contractual agreements. Coordinating with supply chain management, and successfully procures required services, materials and equipment for the project from external and internal suppliers. Supporting supply chain management in supplier negotiations, claims and project changes.
- Stakeholder relations: Acting as key contact for the customer and escalation point for project issues. Building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and effectively communicates with all stakeholders. Assuring ABB commitments to customer are met, in accordance with contract. Using CCRP to collect and manage customer dissatisfaction. Collecting customer feedback besides formal customer satisfaction survey.
- Project reporting: Presenting an account of project status or issues in project reviews. Reporting status or progress reports to customer and other stake holders with appropriate detail. Raising potential project issues to relevant stake holders.
- Safety and integrity: Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Instrumentation and control engineering.
- Maximum 12-15 years of experience in engineering and managing automation projects in oil and gas stream.
- Required strong working experience in system 800xA based power management system solutions with PMS libraries.
- Strong Good communication and interpersonal skills.
More About Us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together. Energy Industries
- Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing
- Project Management
- Information Technology